Leather handbags are one of the most essential items in a woman’s life, since these bags allow her to reaffirm both her style and be a great ally in the different tasks of her day to day, therefore, being one One of the most important accessories when facing our daily journeys, it is essential to keep them in good condition so that they can have a long life of use.
In other words, it doesn’t matter if your leather bags are authentic, because if you go through life mistreating or giving them little attention, you will soon have to throw them away and find a new replacement, which is not always an easy situation and most of women appreciate their leather handbags and want them to last them for many years. That is why in the following post we will focus on giving you the best advice so that that leather bag that fascinates you so much can accompany you for a long time.
So, in this article we will give you the main tips when it comes to resolving issues that the vast majority do not know how to handle and many times, due to lack of knowledge, they even deepen the damage in leather bags. Therefore, our advice will focus on cleaning, hydration, restoration of stains and color, in addition to different recommendations that you must carry out in your daily routine, in order to avoid continuing to mistreat your leather bags, so you can provide the necessary care so that they continue to look like the day you bought them.
What is the best way to clean leather bags o purses?
Cleaning your leather bags will always be an important task when it comes to taking care of your bags, so the first thing you should know is that to clean it it is important to use a dry cloth to remove any dirt or dust that may be present, on the other hand, it will It should be noted that the frequency of cleaning and grooming must be done at least once a month, especially if you use your bag quite often, in this way you can keep your bag in good condition.
However, if you are one of those people who has not paid attention to cleaning your leather bags for a long time, in this case you should carry out a more in-depth procedure, since as mentioned above you must remove the dirt with a dry cloth. After that, apply a second cleaning layer with distilled water and neutral soap, then you must wipe it again with a dry cloth and let the bag air out and be perfectly dry to use again.
What to do in case of stains on my leather bags?
In this case, if the situation is much more complicated and your bag has stronger stains, you will be recommended to apply a special leather cleaner, which you should apply gently and constantly with a sponge on the affected area. After that, you should let it dry and apply a moisturizing cream or conditioner to moisten the surface of your bag, in order to hydrate it since the stain removal process always causes damage to the surface and this will help both soften and protect it.
How to shine my leather bags?
When talking about giving shine and luminosity to our leather bags, reference will be made to the hydration routine that these accessories must have, therefore, it is important that you apply moisturizing creams and protective products at least twice a year in order to to protect and waterproof the layers of our leather bags.
In the same way, to avoid any accident you must read the instructions of the product very well and follow them to the letter, likewise it is important to take into account that when applying these products you must first apply them in places that are not visible from the portfolio , so you can observe the finish that it will have on the surface of your bag and see if it is really the one indicated, also try to use flannel cloths to spread the substance in a deep way that manages to penetrate the skin of your bag.
Daily tips to care for your leather bags
• It is important to respect the capacity of space and weight that our leather handbags have, since if we are accustomed to filling it with things it is very possible that in a short time our bag will break, unstitch or lose its original shape.
• When storing personal items such as makeup, perfumes, creams, and oils, it is important to do so in a case that provides order and practicality, as well as avoiding dirtying your bag with these substances that will end up staining it for life.
• You should also avoid handling your bag with dirty hands or those full of sticky and oily substances that could stain or cause damage.
• On the other hand, the place where you will store your bag when you are not using it should have adequate support to hang it in a spacious place with good ventilation, such as a coat rack or closet. In the same way you should avoid placing weight on your bag when storing it as this can negatively affect its shape.
• In the event that you no longer use your leather bag for a long time, it is important to store it in a cotton or nylon bag that is breathable in order to avoid the accumulation of fungi and dust.
• Beeswax will help you soften the closures of your bag, however, you must be careful when applying it so that it does not stain the surface of your bag.
• Always carry wet wipes with you, since they are the fastest way to act against a stain to prevent it from continuing to penetrate the leather of the bag.
• Never get your leather bag wet as it can end up discoloring its appearance.
• Do not use natural tap water to clean as it contains chlorine, as do soaps for washing clothes, since they are harmful to the skin of leather bags, so you should always opt for neutral soap and distilled water or mineral.
• Avoid keeping sharp objects that can crack the surfaces of our leather bags.
• Protect your bag from sun and rain, since it will end up with water and sun stains that will end up damaging its appearance.
In short, it is no secret to anyone that all leather bags and wallets, despite being high quality and resistant pieces, must have a care routine in order to stay in good condition. However, many times laziness and lack of organization with our things lead us to forget about these cares that end up ruining the life of our bags.
However, it should be clarified that the perfect cleaning and moisturizing routine does not exist, but it is important to give attention and care to our leather bags since this will be the value that we are giving to one of the accessories that most They make life easier for us, which is why the main thing that we recommend you to take into account the tips mentioned above focused on small tips of our daily routine.
In this way, we want you to avoid having to replace that bag that you love so much, but if it is already too late and there is no other remedy, we recommend that you visit our catalog of leather bags and wallets with original leather to renew that leather bag that you need so much and that will be your great ally in life.
Remember that at Bell Tower Spain we are manufacturers of quality leather bags, beauty and with excellent prices for you, do not miss the opportunity to wear this great piece and remember that care will be your best friend when it comes to keeping your bags intact Leather.